20 irrelevant answers about Jeff
by cricketjeff on December 30, 2007. © Jeff Green, All rights reserved
Probably scrabble but it is a long time since anyone agreed to play with me regularly, I make lots of those annoying words that are only 4 letters long but make 4 new intersecting words and annoy everyone else. I was a good chess player at school hundreds of years ago, and even better at draughts (Checkers to Americans) My Grandfather taught me and he was seriously good.
2. What is your favourite CD?
Not sure really, I don’t listen to a lot of recorded music really and that which I do is mainly in pm3 form these days so albums run into each other. Beatles Revolver or White Album would be way up there, or the latest Status Quo or anything by Queen. At the moment I am listening to Spike Jones and before that it was Jake Thakeray
3. If you could go somewhere you had never been before, where would it be and why?
Who wouldn’t want to go?
4. Name a new experience that you’d like to have sometime in the next two years.
Not in public thank-you very much! But as its on here as well as the obvious, how about someone buying a book of my poems, that would be a nice feeling.
5. How many countries have you been to? Which ones?
USA, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey, France, Belgium, Luxemburg Holland, Denmark, Germany maybe some others if I think hard.
6. Do you speak any language other than English?
7. What is your favorite type of food? (i.e. Mexican, Chinese, Italian, etc.)
Plain and boring English, roast meat 2 veg style cooking.
8. What is your favorite restaurant?
A small Italian restaurant in Farringdon
9. What is your favourite movie and/or favourite actor?
Changes all the time, maybe Peter Sellers and one of the Pink Panthers
10. What size shoe do you wear?
UK size 8 can’t remember what that is in ‘Merkin
11. How do you like your coffee? If you don’t drink coffee, what is your drink of choice?
Don’t drink coffee, a cup of coffee is a wasted opportunity for a cup of tea.
Tea being a variety probably closest to “English Breakfast” tea in the US, has to be made in a pot with boiling water and allowed to brew, milk in the cup first and with sugar please.
12. What dish most reminds you of your childhood?
Anything with custard! (That is English custard not cold stuff in a cone)
13. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Research chemist. I was for over 20 years, I don’t know anyone else who wanted such a job!
14. What colour are your eyes? (If you know me, chances are that you know why I ask this one. LOL)
No idea why anyone would care but…
Used to be very dark brown but have lightened with age and acquired a greenish tinge in some lights, still have a very dark ring round the outside.
15. Name the most interesting thing that you’ve ever found on the beach. Or the thing that you were most excited about finding.
Lots of Fossils on the Isle of Wight and in Dorset.
16. Have you ever spent the night outdoors, no tent, no roof, just the stars overhead?
Many times, used to like walking all night.
17. What is your favourite meal to cook? and/or What is your favourite meal to eat?
To cook? Probably Christmas dinner, to eat favourite of all time would be spit roasted wild boar, that tasted absolutely wonderful, meal I get at all regularly either roast beef peas runner beans and carrots or a wonderful steak, same veg.
18. Do you dream? If so, do you remember them when you wake?
I assume so but almost never remember them, on the very rare occasions I do remember a dream, even more rarely it was in pictures, the only time I ever see pictures in my head.
19. If you didn’t have to work for money, what would you choose to do? (How many of you are going to say write poetry? LOL)
Lots of things, walk, visit preserved railways, travel a bit, would certainly still write, oh and still work too, but not so hard!
20. Do you know how to sew a button on?
Yes, and darn, mend a seam, most such things.